4 March 2021 –
People who purchased tickets in the ACT have, once again, been among the prize-winners in the Lord’s Taverners Australia national raffle.
Of the five prizes in the raffle, which has just been drawn, one was won by a local and another was won by a leading local cricket club.
The complete list of prize-winners is:
- First prize: J. Turmanis (NSW) – $10,000 Harvey Norman gift card
- Second prize: A. Murray (ACT) – Canberra experience package
- Third prize: S. Rann (NSW) – Kookaburra cricket kit
- Fourth prize: D. Richards (Victoria) – Cricket bat signed by the 2018/19 Australian one-day team
- Fifth prize: Tuggeranong Valley Cricket Club (ACT) – $500 Coles gift card
It was ironic that the second-prize winner of the Canberra experience package, Ms Alina Murray, is from Canberra! This prize includes an escorted tour of the Australian War Memorial, tickets to the feature exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia, lunch or dinner with Senator the Hon Zed Seselja at Parliament House and accommodation at the Hotel Realm.
Funds raised by the national raffle go towards the work of the Lord’s Taverners, including the Taverners’ support of the National Cricket Inclusion Championships.
The Lord’s Taverners ACT raised more than $6000 through this year’s raffle and would like to acknowledge everyone who purchased tickets, all of the sponsors, as well as Mr Noel Smith MBE for his tireless efforts in promoting local ticket sales.
ACT residents have had an excellent track record in Lord’s Taverners national raffles – Canberra locals won first prize in 2015 (Mr Jeff Gallagher – trip to an Ashes Test at Lord’s) and again in 2017 (Mr Mick Letts – 15-day APT European cruise).