29 April 2019
A ticket purchased in the ACT was among the prize-winners in the Lord’s Taverners 2018-19 Raffle.
The draw for the national raffle took place on 29 March and, from the hundreds of thousands of tickets which were purchased, the winners and their prizes were:
- First prize – N. Pyder (NSW): Trip for two to London for the Lord’s Ashes Test in August 2019, including two return economy-class air fares, six nights’ accommodation, two tickets to the first four days of the match and $1000 spending money.
- Second prize – M. Davis (WA): Tasmanian golfers dream, including two return air fares to Launceston, two nights’ accommodation, a round of 18 holes at Barnbougle Dunes and another round at Launceston Golf Club.
- Third prize – A. Curtin (NSW): Kookaburra cricket kit, including bat, pads, gloves and kit bag.
- Fourth prize – E. Miley (Tasmania): Cricket shirt signed by the Australian cricket team.
- Fifth prize – G. McGuinness (ACT): Cricket bat signed by the Australian cricket team.
The Lord’s Taverners would like to thank everyone who bought tickets in the raffle and for the sponsors who supported the raffle.
Proceeds from ticket sales go towards local sporting clubs who sold tickets and the work the Lord’s Taverners does supporting young and disadvantaged cricketers and other athletes.
The ACT has enjoyed a highly successful run in Lord’s Taverners national raffles – ACT residents won the first prize in the 2014-15 and 2016-17 raffles.